Los Angeles is a sprawling metropolis, and with its size come secrets that only locals know. From hidden restaurants and bars to stunning views of the city skyline, accessible hidden pathways, there are plenty of off-the-beaten-path experiences to be found if you know where to look. In this post, movers Los Angeles relies on uncover some of these gems that only locals know about. Whether you’re planning a trip to LA or simply want to explore your own backyard, read on for some secrets of LA insider tips that will make your experience more memorable!
Why Local Places in LA Are Better Than Tourist Ones
There are plenty of reasons to love Los Angeles, but for locals, movers Studio City has believe there are some definite advantages to sticking close to home.
Here are just a few reasons why local places in LA are better than tourist ones:
- You can avoid crowds. Tourist traps are always packed, which can make it difficult to enjoy your surroundings. When you stick to local spots, you can avoid the masses and have a more relaxed experience.
- You’ll get a more authentic experience. Tourist spots are often geared toward visitors, which means they may not give you a true taste of the city. Locals know where to find the best food, drink, and entertainment, so you can experience LA like a native.
- You’ll save money. Tourist spots tend to be overpriced since they know people will pay top dollar for the convenience. If you stick to local businesses, you’ll get the same quality without having to empty your wallet.
- You’ll support the community. Local businesses are the backbone of any city, and by patronizing them, you’re helping to keep the community strong. Plus, it’s always nice to shop locally and support your neighbors!
So next time you plan a trip to LA, think twice before heading to those tourist traps – your wallet and sanity will thank you for it! And discover some amazing secrets of LA that will blow your mind.
The Best Places to Eat In LA
If you’re looking for the best local places in LA, then you can’t go wrong with the recommendations from movers in Manhattan Beach. From great restaurants to top-notch shopping, these local businesses are sure to please. For a fantastic meal, check out Hesseki Japanese Restaurant.
This hidden gem is known for its delicious sushi and sashimi, and it’s a great place to bring the whole family. If you’re in the mood for something a little more casual, swing by In-N-Out Burger for a classic American burger and fries. For some retail therapy, head to the Manhattan Beach Pier. This iconic spot is home to a number of unique shops, including a surf shop, an art gallery, and a candy store. You’ll also find plenty of places to sit and relax, making it the perfect place to people-watch. Finally, no trip to Manhattan Beach would be complete without a visit to Raging Waters. This world-famous water park is perfect for a hot summer day, and it’s sure to please everyone in the family.
The Best Secret Places in Sherman Oaks
There are plenty of great local places that movers Sherman Oaks can recommend. Here are just a few of the best:
- The Oaks Club: This private club is perfect for those who want to enjoy a luxurious and relaxed atmosphere. The Oaks Club features top-notch amenities, including a golf course, tennis courts, a swimming pool, and more.
- The Park Plaza: The Park Plaza is a great place to stay if you’re looking for a central location. This hotel is situated in the heart of downtown Sherman Oaks, making it easy to access all of the best shops, restaurants, and attractions.
- The Palisades: The Palisades is a beautiful community that offers residents stunning views of the surrounding area. This is a great place to call home if you’re looking for a peaceful and secluded setting.
The Best Places to See in LA – Locals’ Picks
Check out some of the best places you can explore and discover in LA as rated by locals.
Angeles National Forest
Go hiking up Angeles National Forest, wear some comfortable shoes, and check out one of the hidden swimming holes or waterfalls. Just try to get through all the off-the-path secrets that Angelinos have had plenty of time to become familiar with. You never know what they’ve buried out there.
Santa Monica Pier
One of the most iconic places in LA, the Santa Monica Pier is a must-see for any visitor. With its Ferris wheel, carousel, shops, restaurants, and midway games, there’s something for everyone at this historic pier. While here, don’t forget to also take a walk down the beach!
Mosaic Tile House – Venice
Sheri Pann and her husband Gonzalo Duran have been adding to this work of art for a long time now, after it began as a fixer-upper over twenty years ago. Since then, it has become their greatest masterpiece. They only give private home tours by appointment, so don’t just show up and expect a welcome party.
Laserium – Van Nuys
With these laser shows, viewers are taken on a journey through Pink Floyd’s Dark Side Of The Moon or something of their own design. Check out the Pink Floyd show if you haven’t already. They’ve been doing it for a long time now, and it’s still amazing. Cannabis is not included.
Walt Disney Concert Hall
This incredible venue is home to the Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra and frequently hosts other musical performances and events. Even if you’re not catching a show here, it’s worth checking out for its unique architecture alone.
Museum of Death
Although the Museum of Death has another location in New Orleans, Louisiana, the Hollywood location is the only place to see these creepy artifacts. A variety of information is available at the museum about serial killers, death machines, and shrunken heads. Hollywood’s Museum of Death is a great place to visit if you’re a fan of John Wayne Gacy or just want to find out what happens to humans after they die.
The Old Los Angeles Zoo – Griffith Park
We could probably write a whole article about the amazing things you can do at Griffith Park, but let’s take a closer look at the old LA zoo instead. From 1912 until 1965, the zoo operated until it was moved to where the LA zoo is located today. Visitors planning to stop by Griffith Park anyway should make time to check out this juxtaposition of old and new Los Angeles. The abandoned enclosures have been turned into picnic areas and canvases, and the hike around the zoo’s backside isn’t so bad either.
Arroyo Shell Gas Station – Pasadena
Scores of folks hit up the Shell fueling station at Del Mar and Arroyo Parkway in Pasadena on any given day. Most just get their gas and speed off. But the adventurers who decide to venture inside will be the ones able to discover a secret that local beer fanatics have been relishing since Shibli Haddad took control of things in late 2016. As soon as he took over the station, he made friends with some of his favorite local breweries (as well as some not-so-local breweries). The station has an expertly curated supply of beers that constantly rotates (just like the mural inside, updated monthly by local artists). Don’t miss out on your next favorite beer if you don’t stop by soon.
Secrets of LA in Woodland Hills
There are plenty of great local places in LA that our movers from Woodland Hills can recommend. If you’re looking for some great places to eat, drink, and be merry, then check out these spots:
- The Grill on the Alley: This American steakhouse is a classic LA eatery that offers up some of the best steaks in town. The Grill also has an extensive wine list, making it the perfect spot for a date night.
- The Hungry Cat: This seafood-focused restaurant is perfect for those looking for fresh, locally-sourced seafood. The Hungry Cat also has a great selection of wine and cocktails, making it a great spot for a night out with friends.
- The Black Sheep: This gastropub is a great spot for lunch or dinner, offering up creative takes on classic pub fare. The Black Sheep also has an impressive selection of craft beer, making it the perfect place to watch the game.
How to Discover Secrets of LA
If you’re visiting Los Angeles for the first time, you’ll want to avoid the tourist traps. Here are some tips on how to do that:
- Do your research before you go. Read up on the city and figure out what places are worth seeing and which ones are overrated.
- Ask locals for recommendations. Once you’re in LA, ask people who live there for their advice on where to go and what to see.
- Avoid popular tourist spots. Places like Hollywood Boulevard and Venice Beach are full of tourists and overpriced shops. Instead, explore some of the less-known areas of the city for a more authentic experience.
- Don’t be afraid to venture off the beaten path. LA is a huge city with a lot to offer. If you’re willing to explore, you’ll find some amazing hidden gems that only locals know about.
Check out these El Monte, CA places
There are plenty of great local places to check out in LA, and our movers in El Monte CA are happy to recommend some of our favorites! Here are just a few of the best local spots in LA that you definitely don’t want to miss:
- The Getty Center – This world-renowned museum is a must-see for any art lover. With stunning architecture and breathtaking gardens, it’s easy to spend an entire day exploring everything The Getty has to offer.
- Griffith Observatory – Located atop Mount Hollywood, Griffith Observatory offers incredible views of the cityscape below. It’s also home to a planetarium and various exhibits on astronomy, making it a great place to learn more about the night sky.
- Hollywood Sign – No trip to LA would be complete without seeing the famous Hollywood Sign. You can get up close and personal with this iconic landmark by hiking one of the trails in Griffith Park. Just be sure to bring your camera!
There are endless things to do and see in Los Angeles, so these are just a few of our top recommendations. If you’re looking for more ideas, we would be happy to chat with you about all the great local spots LA has to offer.
Being a local in Los Angeles means having access to the city’s best-kept secrets and exclusive experiences. From unique markets, restaurants, and events to beautiful outdoor spaces that offer stunning views of the cityscape, there are countless gems to be discovered if you know where to look. Local movers Los Angeles residents trust hope this article has helped you learn a few secrets of LA treasures and given you some insight into what it really means to live like a local in The City of Angels.